Our Lady of the Holy Rosary St. Richard Catholic School began in 1959 when
Bishop Coleman F. Carroll issued a decree to erect the first new parish in the Miami Dioceses. Bishop Carroll was baptized in Holy Rosary Church in Pittsburgh, PA and was educated by the Sisters of St. Joseph, from Baden, PA. It was with great admiration that Bishop Carroll named the new parish “Our Lady of the Holy Rosary” and recruited the Sisters of St. Joseph to begin our school on November 28, 2010, to better serve the surrounding and growing community, Archbishop Favalora merged our parish with St. Richard parish creating Our Lady of the Holy Rosary St. Richard Catholic Church and School, also referred to as HRSR Catholic School.
HRSR Catholic School is located between the Village of Palmetto Bay and Cutler Bay. The school campus is located on 11 acres of beautifully landscaped property.
HRSR Catholic School is fully accredited by the Florida Catholic Conference, the
accrediting agency for all Catholic schools in the state of Florida. The school is staffed with administration and teachers that are degreed with professional teaching certificates from the State of Florida.
Religious education is the cornerstone of our school. In addition to being a core
subject , there are activities that include daily prayer and weekly liturgies to
encourage a personal relationship with God. Faith and service to others is evident throughout the school.